At HomeAdvisor and Angi, our top priority is the safety of the professionals and customers on our platforms. With COVID-19 (Coronavirus) cases on the rise, we want to assure you that we are rapidly responding to the outbreak. That means being transparent with you about what steps we are taking during this difficult time.
- We are providing compensation to any professionals who are placed under quarantine or are diagnosed with COVID-19.
- We have secured and distributed masks and gloves to a large number of HomeAdvisor and Angi professionals completing Fixed-Price services, as well as donated PPE to local hospitals to help increase the safety of local front line workers.
- We are following “shelter in place” orders across the country. The services that are available through the HomeAdvisor and Angi platforms fall under an exemption to these orders, which allows residents to leave their home to perform business such as plumbing, electrical work, cleaning, and other services that are necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences. That’s why HomeAdvisor Fixed-Price services continue to be available in these areas.
- We are providing guidance to professionals regarding safety precautions, such as recommending that they use personal protective equipment at Fixed-Price bookings. We've also asked any pros who feel sick to stay home and rest, without worrying about being charged cancellation fees.
- We are waiving cancellation fees for any customers and professionals who (1) have been diagnosed with COVID-19, (2) feel sick on the day of a scheduled Fixed-Price booking, (3) are in a mandatory quarantine or are self quarantining, or (4) do not feel safe having a Fixed-Price booking because of the COVID-19 outbreak. If you would like to skip or reschedule a booking please use the form below to let us know.
We recommend that you also review the CDC's guidelines for reducing the spread of COVID-19. These include:
- Washing hands frequently and vigorously for 20 seconds to prevent the spread of germs;
- Avoiding touching of the eyes, nose and mouth;
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe;
- Social distancing; and
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face-covering when in a public place and unable to maintain social distance.
We also ask that all customers proactively follow the CDC’s guidelines to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus during your Fixed-Price bookings. Other recommendations for customers include:
- Stay in a room separate from the one your pro is cleaning. This will (1) allow the professional to clean thoroughly and without interruption and (2) maintain the 6 foot person- to- person distance currently recommended by the CDC.
- Cancel or reschedule Fixed-Price bookings if you feel sick or are concerned about the wellbeing of those living in your home or your pro.
We’ve also provided the above guidance to all active professionals.
Please keep in mind that in New York state, as of Friday, April 17, 2020, an executive order is in place which requires any individual who is over age two and able to medically tolerate a face-covering shall to cover their nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face-covering when in a public place and unable to maintain, or when not maintaining, social distance.
As always, we’re here for you, your home, and the professionals who use our platform. Please use the form below to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns. Stay safe and thank you for being a valued member of the HomeAdvisor and Angi communities.